[slf4j-dev] what are we here for?

robert burrell donkin robertburrelldonkin at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 1 20:52:06 CEST 2005

the JCL proposal document has proved pretty successful over the years. i
have a few suggestions arising from that.

i think that the word 'thin' is important. it's also important to
emphasis that provision of logging system functionality is an anti-goal
as is defining some sort of common configuration system for logging
systems. these have saved a lot of hassle over the years.

i been pondering whether we might actually be better concentrating on
defining rather than providing. it may be possible to use take the
static binding strategy even further and define nothing but the kernel
API.

or maybe we think a little wider...

- robert