[slf4j-dev] Re: slf4j and log4j

Niclas Hedhman niclas at hedhman.org
Mon May 2 13:05:12 CEST 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 02:17, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> one of the mistakes we made when JCL was created was that there were no
> real application framework folks involved (at least in a positive
> fashion). so, i'm keen to hear what niclas has to say.

I will chip in when appropriate, i.e. when I think road blockers are
introduced into the specification, making things difficult for AppFrameworks.

I will also try to view any suggestion in the most positive angle and search
for solutions around suggestions that may seem "incompatible" with my own
goals.

Whether I have a vote or not is less important I think, since I happen to be
totally convinced that this forum will need 100% consensus from the
implementors for any proposal to pass, or the effort will fall flat (which I
doubt anyone wants). So, in that light, I think everyone's knowledge and
foresight will inevitable lead to something sustainable.

In respect to the "how many committers", my view is that we shouldn't be
overly restrictive with committer rights, as it will only put more burden on
those who has. Instead, proper review of commits and easy reversals of
disapproved commits are probably better. Once this project is released, a
Review-Then-Commit process could be introduced.

Cheers
Niclas