[slf4j-dev] Release of SLF4J 1.0beta9

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Wed Oct 19 22:32:43 CEST 2005

At 10:10 PM 10/19/2005, Jacob Kjome wrote:

>Ceki, this is true of 1.3alpha6, but the latest 1.3 source is pretty darned
>close, if not completely runtime compatible.  In fact, LogWeb, which uses
>Log4j
>  api's extensively, works with both 1.2.xx (which is what LogWeb was
> developed
>against) and Log4j-1.3 built off the latest source.  I know because I ran it
>against LogWeb looking for incompatibilities and fixed them where I found
>them.
>  I may have missed something here or there, but I would bet that as far
> as SLF4J
>is concerned, Log4j-1.2.xx and 1.3 should look the same.

Hi Jacob,

You may be thinking of compile time incompatibilities. The ones affecting
the slf4j-log4j binding are encountered at run time. I very much doubt that
the latest source solved the runtime incompatiblity problems. They run very
deep into the core.

>BTW, and I haven't yet looked, but did SLF4J add TRACE?  Both
>Log4j-1.2.12+ and
>Log4j-1.3 now have it.  Just an FYI if you weren't paying attention.

There are no plans to add TRACE to the org.slf4j.Logger interface.

   Improve your Sudoku skills at http://www.sudoku-grok.com/