[slf4j-dev] license

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Fri Dec 8 20:29:47 CET 2006

Hello Asi,

The SLF4J license is based on the X11 license which happens to be one of
the most liberal, i.e. permissive, licenses around.

When we say that the SLF4J license is compatible with the GPL or the Apache
licenses, we do not mean it as an exhaustive list. The SLF4J licence is
compatible with all the licences we can think of, commercial or otherwise.

More in line.

At 08:37 AM 12/4/2006, Assaf Galili wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I have just found slf4j over the net, and I would like
>to use it as a logger wrapper (currently for log4j).
>What exactly does that license means? It write that
>"compatible with the GNU GPL as well as the Apache
>Software License." but also "to  deal in  them
>Software without  restriction, including without
>limitation  the rights to  use, copy, modify, merge,
>publish, distribute, and/or sell copies of  the
>Software".
>
>I would like to use it in our company product. The
>product is not free (and not under GPL).
>
>Is it possible to do so?

Yes, it is possible.