[slf4j-dev] Release schedule?

Jukka Zitting jukka.zitting at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 12:56:25 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2/2/06, Ceki Gülcü <listid at qos.ch> wrote:
> Your concerns regarding stability of the SLF4J are very
> understandable.  However, I would like to stress that there have not
> been any disruptive changes in the SLF4J API since June 28th of last
> year. Moreover, I do not expect any changes (except bug-fixes) in the
> SLF4J API between the current SVN head and release 1.0. I plan to have
> version 1.0final released sometime during this month.

Good to hear that. I was not that much concerned about the API
stability, but rather about a possible delay in the release schedule
caused by the introduction of the extended API interface.

Having SLF4J 1.0 released in February or even in early March would be
very nice. That would allow us to use SLF4J already in Jackrabbit 1.0.
So far the SLF4J release candidates and NLOG4J have worked very well
with Jackrabbit, and I'd be happy to keep testing also the upcoming
release candidates.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Yukatan - http://yukatan.fi/ - info at yukatan.fi
Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development