[slf4j-dev] comments on SLF4J converter

Ceki Gulcu listid at qos.ch
Thu Aug 30 00:37:49 CEST 2007

Hello Jean-Noel,

I took the liberty of changing the indentation of slf4j-converter files
according to the format set in $SLF4J/codeStyle.xml. Otherwise, I made a small
change [1] in PatternWrapper taking advantage of Java 5 auto-boxing feature.

I reorganized JCLMatcher code [2] so that related logic was kept together. In my
opinion the changes make it easier to read the code without changing the logic.
Please let me know if you find the result clearer. Otherwise, please do revert
to the previous version.

I suggest that JCLMatcherTest be broken into smaller pieces by breaking up
testConversion method into several test method.

I'd also propose that we create a very trivial converter and and associated test
case) illustrating the general architecture of slf4j-converter.

That's all for the moment, more to come  tomorrow.

[1] http://www.slf4j.org/pipermail/dev/2007-August/001162.html
[2] http://www.slf4j.org/pipermail/dev/2007-August/001163.html