[slf4j-dev] jcl-over-slf4j module not building

John E. Conlon jconlon at verticon.com
Sun Feb 18 20:20:22 CET 2007

Hi Jake,

That is an interesting thought.  Adding the nop bindings to the
slf4j-api.jar.  Which is just what we did with the nop bindings - added
the classes from the slf4j-api.

> With this setup, a user can depend on
> slf4j-api.jar and be done.  Only if logging is
> desired would one need to add a binding that actually performs logging.
Turning this around a bit.  -  For the 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT (at this time) - a
user can depend on the slf4j-nop.jar and be done.  Only if logging is
desired would one need to replace that jar with a binding that actually
preforms logging.

I apologize  for not taking part in the discussion about the Service
API.  With this release I have focused on the OSGi runtime requirements
for slf4j plugin functionality.  IMHO they are very similar.

So allow me to investigate some more before I comment further.

kind regards,
John