[slf4j-dev] jcl-over-slf4j module not building

Boris Unckel boris.unckel.mlg at gmx.net
Tue Feb 20 08:44:52 CET 2007

Hello Jake, Eric,

Jacob Kjome wrote:
> I'm quite sure that depending on com.sun.* is not an option for an
> open source project.  I'd never allow it for Log4j and I can't
> imagine the SLF4J developers would allow it.  I suggest that you come
> up with an implementation of the service API for proposed inclusion
> in SLF4J.  There's no guarantee it would be accepted.  In fact, the
> odds seem against it.  However, I highly doubt the SLF4J developers
> are going to take the time to write it.  So, the only way this has a
> chance of moving forward is for someone to write it and propose it as
> SLF4J's non-JDK-specific Services implementation.  Not just
> pseudo-code, but actual fully implemented working code.
I already have posted such code which does not rely on com.sun.:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=slf4j-dev&m=117157566417290&w=2

It is not pseudo-code, but was ignored in the discomposed discussion.
 (I had to lookup the word "discomposed", I want to say "aufgeregt"
in German, hopefully the word is not too negative or offending!)

Regards
Boris