[slf4j-dev] State of OSGi & SLF4J

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Thu Feb 22 22:44:21 CET 2007

Hello all,

Using the latest SLF4J code from the repo (rev. 752), I am able to
start both the slf4j-api and slf4j-simple bundles. Just as
importantly, the slf4j-api bundle successfully exports the "org.slf4j" package.

The MANIFEST.MF file for slf4j-api reads:

Implementation-Title: slf4j-api
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-SymbolicName: slf4j.api
Bundle-Name: slf4j-api
Bundle-Vendor: SLF4J.ORG
Export-Package: org.slf4j;version=1.3, org.slf4j.spi;version=1.3,
org.slf4j.helpers;version=1.3
Import-Package: org.slf4j.impl

The MANIFEST.MF file for slf4j-simple reads:

Implementation-Title: slf4j-simple
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-SymbolicName: slf4j.simple
Bundle-Name: slf4j-simple
Bundle-Vendor: SLF4J.ORG
Require-Bundle: slf4j.api
Export-Package: org.slf4j.impl
Import-Package: org.slf4j, org.slf4j.spi, org.slf4j.helpers

There is none of the "partial=true;mandatory:=partial" crap we had
previously.