[slf4j-dev] State of OSGi & SLF4J

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Sat Feb 24 14:22:22 CET 2007

At 02:16 AM 2/24/2007, John E. Conlon wrote:
[snip]

>Your right - crap.

:-)

> > You seem to think that SLF4J has split packages.
>Yes I thought so because the binding projects manifests still contain
>Require-Bundle: slf4j.api.

I run a small test to see if "Require-Bundle: slf4j.api" could be
removed from the manifest files in bindings. SO far, it looks like the
"Require-Bundle" directive could be removed.

>But after your pointing it out, only now do I remember  that bit of
>fancy deletion going on in the jar plugin.
>So I checked out the slf4j-api.jar and Hey NO split packages! Very nice.

Sebastien added a tiny bit of Maven sprinkled with a dust of Ant which
removes the 'slf4j-api/target/classes/org/slf4j/impl' directory right
after the compilation phase.

[snip]

>On the other hand there are some issues of tuning of  metadata to add
>versioning to exports and version ranges back to the imports.  These I
>think are needed to pass the OSGi tests we have set up and in production
>environments to make sure we don't commingle with previous releases
>running in the OSGi runtime.
>
>Would you like me to reintroduce these?

Yes, please.