[slf4j-dev] FATAL level

Lilianne E. Blaze lilianne_blaze at tlen.pl
Mon Jun 4 14:44:09 CEST 2007

Hello,
Could you please reconsider adding FATAL level?
I read and understand the argument at
http://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#fatal , but actually there are scenarios
where the two levels are different - for example, inconsistencies in a
database might be classified as ERROR, but failing hardware or
inconsistencies suggesting unauthorized access are need immediate
attention are FATAL.
Application saying "I'm out of memory, I'm quitting in hope that os will
restart me soon as defined in cron" is error.
Same application saying "I think I'm being hacked now, help me" is fatal.
Also, it's reasonable to configure logging system to forward error
situations to admin's mail, and fatal ones to admin's cell phone.

Greetings, Lilianne E. Blaze