[slf4j-dev] MDC Type functionality

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Mon Mar 26 20:51:38 CEST 2007

Paul,

Would it help if SLF4J implemented a facade for MDC? Both logback and log4j
1.3 (and above) implement MDC in the same way. Given lack of demand and
that compared to log requests there are much fewer MDC calls, we decided
not to include a facade for MDC in SLF4J. However, such support could be
included if there is interest from the user community.

Reading a recent thread in equinox dev [1], it looks like log service is
run from a different thread than the thread issuing the log request. I am
not sure how MDC support in SLF4J support could help you...

[1]
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.eclipse.equinox.devel/1512/focus=1513