[slf4j-dev] JCL in SLF4J flavour

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Mon Mar 26 21:04:51 CEST 2007

At 09:07 PM 3/23/2007, Boris Unckel wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I do like the concept of SLF4J very much - it is interface based and
>very easy to use: simply change one jar.

Thanks Boris.

>There were some discussions on the JCL mailing list to stop any
>further development and with an approach to use JUL as default for
>any (new) commons libraries.

I think defaulting to JUL would be a serious misreading the Java universe.

>I have created a JCL version (called 2.0.0) in the style of SLF4J.
>
>I hope this is seen as "learning by example of a good design" and not
>as stealing an idea by most SLF4J developers.

It looks like you have copied code from SLF4J without appropriate
attribution. IANAL, but I think you cannot just remove the MIT license and
replace it with another. On the other hand MIT is a very liberal license,
so maybe removing the license is OK.