[slf4j-dev] svn commit: r1155 - in slf4j/trunk/slf4j-ext/src/main/java/org/slf4j: agent instrumentation

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Thu Oct 2 00:15:12 CEST 2008

Ralph Goers skrev:
> Can you describe how this is intended to work? Does this inject logging
> at runtime or build time?

Naturally.

It will inject logging statements at runtime (specifically class load
time) in all classes (which I am reconsidering) except some which are
blacklisted.

These log statements are placed at the entering and exiting of each
method and logs the parameters and the return value.

It is not intended to grow to a full aspect environment - just a poor
mans "give me something I can see!".

You use it by setting up a java agent.

When I have something which can be used by others I will write usage
documentation :)

/Thorbjørn