[slf4j-dev] Unit tests in slf4j-ext and Maven

Ceki Gulcu listid at qos.ch
Thu Oct 2 21:22:01 CEST 2008

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
> I read up a bit on this.  It appears that maven-surefire-plugin cannot
> both do unit tests and integration tests in the same life cycle (as far
> as I understood).
>
> Oh the joy of other peoples tools :)

Maven is far from perfect.

>> On a related note, the addition of
>> <argLine>-javaagent:${project.build.outputDirectory}=time</argLine>
>> seems to cause Continuum to fail. Here is the error message:
>>

> That is because it is wrong (not a valid zip file), and I can see that I
> have removed that line in my local copy.  My bad. Duly updated.
> Shouldn't Continuum tell me that I broke the build?

Yes but. Well, Continnum generates tons of notifications which become quite
annoying after a while. However, if you wish, I can have Continuum forward them
to you as well although I don't think you would put up with it for long.

> Also it confused me a bit in the beginning to see stack traces in the
> maven output, but apparently that is intentional.  I am not used to such
> verbosity when tests actually pass :)

Yah, the slf4j tests are too verbose. I totally agree.