[slf4j-dev] Unit tests in slf4j-ext and Maven

Ceki Gulcu listid at qos.ch
Fri Oct 3 20:06:49 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I have just added a new module called "integration" to perform some integration
tests. For example, "Pre154VersionMismatchTest" checks that if slf4j-api-1.5.4
and slf4j-simple-1.5.0 are on the class path, LoggerFactory will detect the
version mismatch and warn the user. Similarly, VersionMatchTest checks that if
slf4j-api-1.5.4.jar and slf4j-simple-1.5.4 are on the class path, there is no
mismatch warning.

The "integration" module uses Ant to perform these tests, relying on Ant's
flexibility in providing different classpaths to various tasks (this is much
harder to do with Maven). The Ant build file is still invoked by Maven. Thus,
integration tests are run with every build.

I am relatively happy with the results.