[slf4j-dev] SLF4J and Logback JRuby gems

David dek94 at gravitext.com
Wed Oct 15 05:14:56 CEST 2008

Hello SLF4J developers,

I have initiated a project named "RJack" at RubyForge to package some of
the most fundamental open-source Java libraries for use in some
heterogeneous JRuby/Java projects I and others are working on. The first
two gems released package SLF4J and Logback.

http://rjack.rubyforge.org/
http://rjack.rubyforge.org/slf4j/
http://rjack.rubyforge.org/logback/

To quote the project page:

RJack offer gems for SLF4J and Logback which together provide a complete
toolkit for unifying and controlling logging in a heterogeneous
application containing ruby and java components. The slf4j gem may
simply be used to load jars that java components are dependent on, but
also offers a ruby core Logger compatible logging adapter. The logback
gem provides a facade for programmatic Logback configuration in ruby.

Firstly, I believe I've been careful to uphold the license terms of both
SLF4J and Logback by using the same terms for the respective gems, but I
thought it would be appropriate to give you an early opportunity to
review these and let me know if there is anything unsatisfactory in the
licensing/attribution.

Beyond this I've also included ruby wrappers for logging via SLF4J and
as well as ruby-based setup of Logback.  I'm interested in any feedback
you might be willing to provide on those interfaces.

In any case, thanks for your continued efforts in developing a great
logging system!

--David