[slf4j-dev] slf4j-simple 1.5.3 not compatible with slf4j-api 1.4.2

Michael Brackx michael.javaone+slf4j at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 19:10:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

I stumbled upon this problem when upgrading from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3
There was a transitive dependency on slf4j-api 1.4.2 from
hibernate-entitymanager 3.4.0.GA
This is not a problem for me, just reporting.
(Indeed using slf4j-api 1.5.3 "fixes" the problem)
Perhaps there is a problem in the compatibility detection.

Michael Brackx