[slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Thu Aug 20 23:06:05 CEST 2009

Takeshi Kondo wrote:

> public class enum LogMessages{
>    @Debug("debug log message")
>    TEST0001
> }

If I followed you, the idea is to encode the resource bundle *keys* within
enums. You still need to check the consistency of the resource bundle keys,
including copies found in various language variations so that they match the
enums. I can see how this would be useful if the IDE somehow knew about the the
resource bundle keys and the enums and cross checked things. Without tooling
support, one would still need to manually match the enum keys with those found
in resource bundle. I still don't see the gain with enums. What am I missing?