[slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Mon Aug 24 19:23:12 CEST 2009

Hi Takeshi,

Thank you for your response. I have looked at your code again and now understand
how levels can be set in resource bundles.

Having said that, I am not convinced that associating levels to keys in resource
bundles is a good idea because there are other possibly better ways of obtaining
the same effect. This does not mean the idea is bad, it's just that it is not
overwhelmingly convincing. Contrast this with your initial idea about linking
message codes (aka messages keys or message codes) in enums with those found in
resource bundles. Convinced that it has potential, I started a new project
called cai18n to explore exactly this venue.

See http://cai18n.qos.ch/ for details. You can get the code from
http://github.com/ceki/cai18n/tree/master

There is a lot to do in cai18n and everyone is welcome to participate.