[slf4j-dev] slf4j artifact groupings

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Dec 2 11:23:15 CET 2009

Hello Chad,

The package "completeness" requirement is evoked from time to time by
users. It is quite understandable.

If I understand correctly, you would like to change the grouping id so
that your maven assembly file does not have to deal with the various
slf4j-related individually but by groups?

It's a good idea actually, but such grouping changes would have an
impact on all downstream projects (using maven) and by transitivity on
their users. It's would be quite big move.

Please enter a bug report asking for this change which *may* be
applied in a future release of slf4j with other breaking changes, when
and *if* such breaking changes occur.