[slf4j-dev] Transactions in slf4j?

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Mon Jun 1 21:40:22 CEST 2009

Ceki Gulcu skrev:

> Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:
>>> I think that would be one of those use cases for an NDC... see
>>> http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/lilith/wiki/NestedDiagnosticContext
> >
>> Interesting.  But does anything actually happen when the push and
>> pops are executed?
>
> You can emulate NDC using MDC. Anyway, assume NDC existed, how would
> you do whatever it is you want to do?

I don't know.  I'm asking.

The question is, can I somehow issue transaction "delimiters" in the
logging system allowing me to "group" a set of logging statements.  This
is possible in the AS/400 collection service logging framework which is
why I posed the question about how I could map these "begin" - "end"
statements to the slf4j API

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"