[slf4j-dev] Transactions in slf4j?

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Jun 3 11:34:17 CEST 2009

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:
> Ceki Gulcu skrev:
>>

>> Here is a idea:
>>
>> Marker TX_BEGIN = MarkerFactory.getMarker("TX_BEGIN");
>> Marker TX_END= MarkerFactory.getMarker("TX_END");
>>
>> try {
>>   logger.info(TX_BEGIN, "beginning tx");
>>   doSomething();
>> } finally {
>>   logger.info(TX_END, "ending tx");
>> }
> Ok.  If I understand this correctly, it still needs additional logback
> configuration to map the above to snippets calling the appropriate
> methods hooking into the native logging system?

Indeed. The sample code above above illustrates the use of markers to
mark the beginning and the end of a transaction via the SLF4J API. You
would then need to do something with that information using the
logback API. It could be using a TurboFilter, a regular filter, an
appender or something entirely different.

What is it that you would like to achieve?