[slf4j-dev] Failing fast when multiple implementations of slf4j on the classpath?

Robert Elliot rob at lidalia.org.uk
Wed May 13 20:24:36 CEST 2009

I haven't had a look at the code yet, but a question on the logback
user list made me wonder whether it might not be a good idea for SLF4J
to fail fast with an informative error message if multiple SLF4J
implementations are on the classpath.   I'll have a look at it if Ceki
thinks it's a good idea, but I wanted to ask first so as not to waste
time if its already been considered and rejected as an idea.  It may
be that it's simply not possible to do this?