[slf4j-dev] Re quest for a log message processing hook.

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Tue May 26 19:01:15 CEST 2009

SLF4J offers very little in terms of functionality beyond the
abstraction of logging frameworks. I should have mentioned that it
does on so on purpose.  The message interceptor functionality is not
aligned with that minimalistic philosophy. In short, there very little
chance for the interceptor code to be integrated into SLF4J.

If you wish to extend org.slf4j.Logger I suggest that you look into
the slf4j-ext module, in particular the XLogger and LoggerWrapper
classes.

  http://slf4j.org/xref/org/slf4j/ext/LoggerWrapper.html
  http://slf4j.org/xref/org/slf4j/ext/XLogger.html

As mentioned in my previous message, TurboFilters in logback-classic
probably already do what you want. You should know that the
log4j-over-slf4j module will allow you to migrate a project using
log4j to slf4j without changing a single line of code.

http://slf4j.org/legacy.html#log4j-over-slf4j