[slf4j-dev] [Fwd: SLF4J on the Google Android Platform]

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Mon Nov 30 14:36:29 CET 2009

Hi Thorsten,

Sorry for not having replied earlier. I've been as busy as a
one-legged man in an ass kicking contest.

The http://www.slf4j.org/android/ page looks good and I have received
your signed ICLA. Thank you. Note that that document assigns copyright
to slf4j-android to QOS.ch, although you retain the original
copyright. To avoid any confusion, instead of the copyright notice to
your name, (which is perfectly legal as you retain your copyright) I
would propose to use the same and identical copyright notice as for
the rest of slf4j files, with copyright QOS.ch. You see, it would be
intractable if slf4j contributors sprinkled their own copyright
throughout slf4j code.  If that is unacceptable or if you hadn't
realized the implications of the ICLA, or if you are having second
thoughts for whatever reason, please let me know asap, so that I can
return the ICLA document to you.

Obviously, the credits section can remain as is (attributing credit to
you). If you have not done so, you could also add your name in the
@authors sections in the relevant java source code files.

As for merging slf4j-android with slf4j proper, I think that's
something we should look into at a later stage.

Cheers,