[slf4j-dev] Release of SLF4J 1.5.9.RC1

Ralph Goers rgoers at apache.org
Thu Oct 29 21:56:59 CET 2009

On Oct 29, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Ceki Gulcu wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> If the question is why a release candidate and not just 1.5.9, then
> the answer is that I wanted to get input on the cal10n api and slf4j
> use of it before making an official release. This made sense for
> 1.5.9-rc0. For 1.5.9.rc1, the reasoning is somewhat doubtful, I must
> concede.
>
> If the question is why release a release candidate, what else do you
> propose? If the rc is not made available publicly, it would miss the
> point of the exercise, wouldn't it?

I was wondering why you'd do a formal release of a release candidate.
Typically the announcement for a candidate would say something like
"Please test it in preparation for the release". If this was not an
"official" release then the announcement should say so, but it looks
like it was intended to be from the announcement.

Ralph