[slf4j-dev] Release of SLF4J 1.5.9.RC1

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Fri Oct 30 14:59:03 CET 2009

Hello,

The version sanity check in LoggerFactory expects an exact match of the version
string. So if the declared version is "1.5.9.RC1", then "1.5.9.RC1" must be in
the internally maintained compatibility list, having 1.5.9 in the list is not
enough. This was fine as long as there were no release candidates. To keep a
long story short, I've just changed the code so that adding 1.5.9 to the list
will cover any variant of 1.5.9.* including 1.5.9-RC0 and 1.5.9.RC1.

In any case, the next official version of SLF4J will be 1.5.10, skipping 1.5.9
which only had release candidates. I hope this shed some light into the matter.
My apologies for the confusion.