[slf4j-dev] osgi support

André Kullmann Andre.Kullmann at osp-dd.de
Fri Apr 9 13:25:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

I want to use slf4j in Eclipse RCP Projects.
My idea is to replace

Activator.getDefault().getLog().log( new Status( IStatus.INFO,
Activator.PLUGIN_ID, msg ) );

into

class My {
static Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(My.class);

  something() {
    logger.info(msg);
  }
}

But there is a problem, I need the Bundle to use the eclipse logging. It
is possible to get the Bundle from the class objects.
But the ILoggerFactory interface has only a getLogger( String ) method :-(
And the LoggerFactory.getLogger( Class ) methods calls getLogger(
c.getName ).

I think it should be possible to log the Bundle in osgi containers. Is
there any solution ?

My idea,
create an

interface ILoggerFactory2 extends ILoggerFactory {
  Logger getLogger( Class c );
}

Regrads,
André

André Kullmann

Otto Group · GroupTechnologyPartner - Dresden (GTP)

Anwendungsentwickler · Touchpoints und Kunde · FI-IM-TK

GroupTechnologyPartner - Dresden · Freiberger Straße 35 · 01067 Dresden
Telefon +49 (0) 351 497 23 185 · Fax +49 (0) 351 497 23 119
andre.kullmann at osp-dd.de · www.ottogroup.com