[slf4j-dev] Release of SLF4J version 1.6.0-RC0

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Fri Apr 23 16:18:03 CEST 2010

On 23/04/2010 2:14 PM, Joern Huxhorn wrote:
> Didn't you change LocationAwareLogger and doesn't that mean that it's not compatible with the current Logback anymore?
> Or is this only relevant for wrappers like jcl-over-slf4j and you changed all of them already?

Right, LocationAwareLogger affects compatibility with logback but so
does MessageFormatter changes, actually the latter in a deeper way as
it is no longer possible to compute the formatted message lazily in
LoggingEvent. I must be computed eagerly in LoggingEvent's constructor.

A new release of logback compatible with 1.6.0-RC0 will follow shortly.

> I didn't have the time, yet, to check this myself. Please give me a short notice.

No pressure here.

> I could likely check this on our project some time next week.

OK.