[slf4j-dev] Release of SLF4J version 1.6.0-RC0

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Fri Apr 30 16:04:29 CEST 2010

On 30/04/2010 3:24 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Generally when I don't reply it isn't because I love the idea.

I gathered as much.

 > I can't think of any use cases where I'd want to construct a logging
 > event that way. It also would seem that you would be taking what is
 > currently a structure private to Logback and making it public as it
 > would make no sense for SLF4J to have one LoggingEvent and Logback to
 > have another.

Building a LoggingEvent prior to calling org.slf4j.Logger avoids
adding new methods to the Logger interface in order to keep it sane.

 > In short, it doesn't really solve what Joern and I have been looking
 > for with support for the Message and doesn't provide much value that I
 > can see.

Given that it solves the method population explosion problem,
LoggingEvent can be considered as a prerequisite to to the addition of
the Message interface.