[slf4j-dev] slf4j on the google android platform

Darrin Edelman darrin501 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:21:19 CEST 2010

Ceki -

That's not a stupid question.  It is a 'regular jar' and is assembled in the usual way (no special maven plugins used that would call anything other than javac) however you'd not be able to use it in an executable without a provided 'android.jar'.  This likely means this will never be used in a 'regular java app' but rather only on the android platform.  That said this is really no different than the other platforms that you support in that sense since they too are dependent upon other logging systems being in place on the target platform.  As with any other jar all I did to add it to my android project was to install it into the repo (local repo) and then to include it as a dependency in my pom file.

So what you'll want to put out there are the generated ".jar", "source.jar" and generated poms.

-Darrin