[slf4j-dev] slf4j on the google android platform

Thorsten Möller Thorsten.Moeller at unibas.ch
Thu Aug 26 08:52:50 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:47 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Ceki Gülcü <ceki at qos.ch> wrote (with possible deletions):

> Darrin,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I thought that the android JVM ran a
> different byte code called dalvik.
Correct. Dalvik VM has its own bytecode format. One reason is because it
is register-based (rather than stack-based).

> If I understand correctly,
> slf4j-android.jar would be converted to Dalvik byte code at a later
> stage...
To be precise, the so called Dexer does this - it transforms standard
Java bytecode into dalvik bytecode. When working with Eclipse, it is
done by a builder that runs in the background before deploying
application packages (apk) to the device. It is also available as a
stand-alone tool.

-- Thorsten