[slf4j-dev] slf4j-simple improvement

Cédrik LIME slf4j-2010 at cedrik.fr
Tue Jun 8 10:43:10 CEST 2010

Greetings all,

I recently had to port commons-logging SimpleLog functionality in
SLF4J's SimpleLogger.

Namely, I have added the following:
* optional configuration file; if none found, you get the exact same set
of features as the currently released SimpleLogger.
* enable to log all log levels
* enable to set different log levels for different Loggers
* enable to show/hide thread name
* very primitive log messages customisation (about the same as
commons-logging)

Once again, the new code is totally compatible in behaviour and output
with the currently released SimpleLogger.
I also made it so that current users of commons-logging can upgrade to
SLF4J very easily.

Do you think this is a worthwhile improvement over SimpleLogger?
Shall we replace SimpleLogger with this new version?

Kind regards,

	Cédrik LIME