[slf4j-dev] level based on enums

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Mon May 3 13:44:01 CEST 2010

On 03/05/2010 1:02 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Since adding Messages doesn't break the API I'd still like it added in 1.6.

In order to support Message the o.s.Logger interface has to be
modified which was the main issue discussed thus far. Moreover, any
addition to the o.s.Logger interface has to be supported indefinitely
since Logger is a client-facing interface. Changes to Logger cannot be
taken lightly. Frankly, I am quite puzzled by the "Message doesn't
break the API" statement which I attribute to a yet unidentified
misunderstanding.