[slf4j-dev] OSGi support in slf4j

Gunnar Wagenknecht gunnar at wagenknecht.org
Thu Sep 16 08:58:57 CEST 2010

Am 16.09.2010 07:57, schrieb Heiko Seeberger:
>     If I remember well the import is not marked as optional because the
>     bundle does not work unless there is in fact a bundle that provides
>     the org.slf4j.impl package. I don't have a strong argument to decide
>     whether it should be optional or not.
>

> It's OK for a bundle to be in a stale state (not working) because of
> missing dependencies, services, etc.
> Maybe this case is different, though. I will take a closer look.

If you go with the fragment approach, no import of "org.slf4j.impl" is
necessary. In order to ensure that at least (as well as at most) one
implementation is available, we use the GenericRequire bundle header as
well as custom p2 instructions for installing one.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.orbit/org.slf4j.api/?root=Tools_Project&pathrev=v1_6_1

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht