[slf4j-dev] log4j-over-slf4j

Laurent Pellegrino laurent.pellegrino at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 11:30:43 CEST 2011

Thanks. I don't know if you are using oss sonatype to deploy artifacts
to Maven Central but if you use it, you can configure your parent pom
to use the sonatype snapshots repository by adding:

	<distributionManagement>
		<repository>
			<id>sonatype-nexus-staging</id>
			<name>sonatype-nexus-staging</name>
			<url>https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2</url>
		</repository>
		<snapshotRepository>
			<id>sonatype-nexus-snapshots</id>
			<name>sonatype-nexus-snapshots</name>
			<url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
		</snapshotRepository>
	</distributionManagement>

Then, you have to set the identifiers in your ~/.m2/settings.xml:

<servers>
    <server>
      <id>sonatype-nexus-snapshots</id>
      <username>login</username>
      <password>*****</password>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>sonatype-nexus-staging</id>
      <username>login</username>
      <password>*****</password>
    </server>
  </servers>

Thus, you can periodically deploy snapshots by writing only "mvn
deploy". This will provide to the users the possibility to use recent
development versions.

Kind Regards,

Laurent