[slf4j-dev] Add a logging.properties to jul-to-slf4j?

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Tue May 8 13:55:45 CEST 2012

Hi Robert,

I had not considered overwriting the logging.properties file. It's a
great idea. I'll document it shortly. Having said that, including
logging.properties in jul-to-slf4j.jar would be an indefensible case
of "do as say not as i do" [1]. Our credibility aside, does
jul-to-slf4j.jar have the mandate to override j.u.l. configuration? I
don't think jul-to-slf4j.jar has any such mandate...

Cheers,

[1] http://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#configure_logging
http://twitter.com/#!/ceki