[slf4j-dev] Add a logging.properties to jul-to-slf4j?

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Tue May 8 15:02:11 CEST 2012

Hi Robert,

I modified the javadocs for SLF4JBridgeHandler

Programmatic installation:

// Optionally remove existing handlers attached to j.u.l root logger
SLF4JBridgeHandler.removeHandlersForRootLogger(); // (since SLF4J 1.6.5)

// add SLF4JBridgeHandler to j.u.l's root logger, should be done once
// during the initialization phase of your application
SLF4JBridgeHandler.install();

Installation via logging.properties configuration file:
    // register SLF4JBridgeHandler as handler for the j.u.l. root logger
    handlers = org.slf4j.bridge.SLF4JBridgeHandler

Your comments welcome.

By the way, the javadocs for SLF4JBridgeHandler state
that"essentially, the idea is to install on the root logger an
instance of SLF4JBridgeHandler as the sole JUL handler in the system."
I think the word "sole" goes a little over board. If the user wishes
to use other handlers, they are welcome to do so. (We have no mandate
to tacitly override jul config.)

http://twitter.com/#!/ceki