[slf4j-dev] SLF4J "versioning habits"

Matthew Bishop Matthew.Bishop at elasticpath.com
Fri Sep 21 22:14:52 CEST 2012

Changes should be vetted in the newsgroups beforehand and should be
attached to a bugzilla issue too.

Matt

On 2012-09-21 1:10 PM, "ceki" <ceki at qos.ch> wrote:

>On 21.09.2012 21:28, Libor Jelinek wrote:
>> Hello to everybody,
>> what is this project git conventions?
>>
>> 1) Fork & pull way, or directly on main slf4j repo?
>
>You can push directly on slf4j as long as it pertains to osgi-over-slf4j
>module. For changes in other modules, please send a pull request. If
>after review the change is accepted, your changes will be pulled into
>the official slf4j repo.
>
>> 2) Branching. I'm used to make a heave use of branching. Every
>> above-trivial change goes to own branch with a some naming convention
>> like "bug/title-of-bug" and "enh/new-feature-prosal". It seems that
>> branches have not been not too much used so far.
>
>Making use of branches is idiomatic with git. Unfortunately, I have been
>corrupted by years of cvs/svn and have not changed my habits to use
>branches.
>
>> Thanks in advance for my these newcomers questions
>> Libor
>
>--
>Ceki

Matthew Bishop, Senior Architect
Phone: 604.408.8078 ext. 101
Email: Matthew.Bishop at elasticpath.com

Elastic Path Software, Inc.
Web: www.elasticpath.com
Blog: www.getelastic.com
Community: grep.elasticpath.com
Careers: www.elasticpath.com/jobs

Confidentiality Notice: This message is intended only for the use of the designated addressee(s), and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. Any unauthorized viewing, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of information contained in this e-mail is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error, please reply to the sender immediately to inform us you are not the intended recipient and delete the email from your computer system. Thank you.