[slf4j-dev] Please test this in something else then Equinox

Matthew Bishop Matthew.Bishop at elasticpath.com
Fri Sep 28 20:23:03 CEST 2012

Libor,

I have checked in a commit to my fork that fixes this (plus formats the
project code according to slf4j spec):

https://github.com/mattbishop/slf4j/commit/b1a5d650f4f78a0a2181c7883456fcf8
054b623e

If this works for you, I will push it to qos.ch.

On 2012-09-28 4:23 AM, "Libor Jelinek" <ljelinek at virtage.com> wrote:

>Hi (Matt)!
>Assume bundle having this in MANIFEST.MF:
>   Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.ui.workbench; singleton:=true
>
>Then in result of
>   String name = (String)
>bundle.getHeaders().get(Constants.BUNDLE_SYMBOLICNAME);
>
>in Equinox 3.7 (Indigo) is incorrect string
>   "org.eclipse.ui.workbench; singleton:=true"
>
>Result of
>   bundle.getSymbolicName();
>
>is this time correct:
>   "org.eclipse.ui.workbench"
>
>Please, do you have same results as me in e.g. Felix (or whatever you
>use)? If so, I fill fix constructor from
>   public LogServiceImpl(Bundle bundle) {
>               String name = (String) bundle.getHeaders().get(
>                               Constants.BUNDLE_SYMBOLICNAME);
>               String version = (String) bundle.getHeaders().get(
>                               Constants.BUNDLE_VERSION);
>               delegate = LoggerFactory.getLogger(name + '.' + version);
>   }

>   public LogServiceImpl(Bundle bundle) {
>               String name = bundle.getSymbolicName();
>                String version = bundle.getVersion();
>               delegate = LoggerFactory.getLogger(name + '.' + version);
>   }
>
>Thanks
>Libor

Matthew Bishop, Senior Architect
Phone: 604.408.8078 ext. 101
Email: Matthew.Bishop at elasticpath.com

Elastic Path Software, Inc.
Web: www.elasticpath.com
Blog: www.getelastic.com
Community: grep.elasticpath.com
Careers: www.elasticpath.com/jobs

Confidentiality Notice: This message is intended only for the use of the designated addressee(s), and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. Any unauthorized viewing, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of information contained in this e-mail is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error, please reply to the sender immediately to inform us you are not the intended recipient and delete the email from your computer system. Thank you.