[slf4j-dev] Logback doesn't work with SLF4J?

Ralph Goers ralph.goers at dslextreme.com
Mon Apr 24 08:07:27 CEST 2017

While it clearly states that this is the behavior, it does not explain why it needs to be that way.  I am currently trying to test SLF4J with Logback and there is no way to do that. I really don’t know why, when you clearly can detect that no ServiceProviders are available and can load the old style binding you aren’t using that.  That will create problems for people who happen to upgrade their SLF4J version and don’t know that they have to upgrade their Logback version, or worse they are using some other SLF4J implementation that wasn’t aware of this change or isn’t so actively maintained like https://github.com/jdillon/gossip <https://github.com/jdillon/gossip>.

Ralph