[slf4j-dev] Location of SLF4J-Android Binding?

Patrick Favre patrick.favrebulle at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 15:58:45 CET 2017

I found a bug in the implementation while writing unit tests for a Timber
binding, found in
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.slf4j/slf4j-android/1.7.25 (which
also seems to be propagated into many forks of this impl).

The bug is:

AndroidLoggerAdapter:253

    /**
     * Log an exception (throwable) at level DEBUG with an accompanying
message.
     *
     * @param msg
     *          the message accompanying the exception
     * @param t
     *          the exception (throwable) to log
     */
    public void debug(String msg, Throwable t) {
        log(Log.VERBOSE, msg, t);
    }

-> debug log, logs with VERBOSE priority.

I am more than happy to provide a PR, but I can't seem to find the location
of the "official" Android implementation. could somebody please tell me
where to find it?

lg pf