[slf4j-dev] Jigsaw modularized version of SLF4J

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Thu Mar 30 06:45:21 CEST 2017

Hi all,

You can find a Jigsaw modularized version of SLF4J at

   https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j/tree/1_8_0-SNAPSHOT

Unfortunately, due to javadoc issues, I was unable to deploy jar files
to Maven Central.

If interested in testing this Jigsaw modularized version, you need to
compile from source. You also need to configure toolchains for JDK 9 and
6. There is some documentation on tools chains:

https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-toolchains.html

For good measure, here is my toolschains.xml file:

<toolchains>

  <toolchain>
     <type>jdk</type>
     <provides>
       <version>1.6</version>
     </provides>
     <configuration>
       <jdkHome>c:/java/jdk1.7.0_80</jdkHome>
     </configuration>
   </toolchain>

   <toolchain>
     <type>jdk</type>
     <provides>
       <version>9</version>
     </provides>
     <configuration>
       <jdkHome>C:/java/jdk-9EA162/</jdkHome>
     </configuration>
   </toolchain>

</toolchains>

You would need to adapt it with the path to your JDK installations. Note
that declared version 1.6 points to JDK 1.7. The slf4j/pom.xml requests
JDK 6 by default.

Comments welcome,