[slf4j-dev] Switch to github issue tracking

Nikita Sheremet nikita.sheremet.java.developer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:55:06 CET 2017

Hello everyone.

First of all I understand that current communication via email may
have it's own benefits. But from my point of view using issues with
markers (bug, feature, etc.) in github is much better.

I have read the post about emailing
(https://www.slf4j.org/mailing-lists.html) which tells not (!) use
html in emails. First of all reading text which separate code from
other text is much simpler and faster (especially when there is a
language specific highlights).

May be using emails with html can be a problem. But why not use github
issues? You can receive notification via emails when somebody create
issues or post comment. And you get all benefits from github features
like markup and styling. Also github portal adds commit  links to the
issue discussion automatically.

There is no need to manage archive emails or search into them. All of
that can be done using github search features. All posts automatically
sorted by issue - there is no need to search by topic in email
archives. Yes may be slf4j does not have so intensive development, but
nevertheless using github can increase developing process especially
for new users/developers.

Could you please enable issues tracking in github?