[slf4j-dev] Adding Automatic-Module-Name to 1.7.x

Nandimandalam, Varun varunkn at amazon.com
Mon Jun 4 20:05:37 CEST 2018

Hi,

I want to know if there are any plans on adding Automatic-Module-Name to 1.7.x so that other Java 9 compatible libraries can depend of slf4j. I noticed it has been added to few modules in 1.8 but this version is still in beta. There is an open PR (https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j/pull/184) to address this issue but the repo maintainers need to create a branch first before outside developers can send PRs. Our library is moving to JPMS and is depending on 1.7.x, it would be helpful if you can add Automatic-Module-Name and release 1.7.26 version.

Thank you,
Varun