[slf4j-dev] Fwd: investigation on the diffusion of innovation along with java releases

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Wed Jul 31 00:12:52 CEST 2019

Hello Fernando,

As a widely used API, the challenge in changing SLF4J is preserving 100%
compatibility. This was achieved by using Java 8 default implementation
feature (widely used in the Logger interface). Given that SLF4J does not
actually contain much code, we did not make use of lambdas internally.
However, this will probably change as changes are made to the code.

Best regards,