[slf4j-dev] slf4j 2.0.0-alpha6 still referring to log4j 1.x

Ralph Goers ralph.goers at dslextreme.com
Sun Jan 23 19:08:22 CET 2022

Support for SLF4J is provided by Log4j 2. However, support for 2.0.0-* has not yet been implemented because a) AFAIK SLF4J-511 has still not been fixed so it isn’t possible to get the fluent api to have correct location information and b) Ceki is known to change things that affect compatibility of implementations in alpha and beta releases since alpha and beta releases aren’t guaranteed to be production ready by definition.

Ralph