[slf4j-dev] slf4j 2.0.0-alpha6 still referring to log4j 1.x

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Mon Jan 24 01:03:49 CET 2022

Ralph,

If I remember correctly, you lobbied for LocationAwareLogger to admit an
additional Object[] parameter. This change was made in SLF4J version 1.6
at your behest. This broke backward compatibility with 1.5 bindings.
This was the only time backward compatibility was broken between 1.0 and
1.7, or in over 15 years.

It is rather ironic that you should imply on this mailing list that
SLF4J does not care about backward compatibility.

On another register, reload4j 1.2.18.2 fixed the log4j 1.x CVEs you
published recently. It was quite nice of you to file them. Thank you so
much. So, as of 1.2.18.2 Vijay has the option to use reload4j as an
alternative to log4j{1,2}.

Best regards,

Sponsoring SLF4J/logback/reload4j at https://github.com/sponsors/qos-ch