[slf4j-user] Log4j 1.2.x adapter?

Tim Vernum tim at adjective.org
Sun Apr 24 02:43:01 CEST 2005

My understanding is that using SLF4J on top of log4j requires log4j
1.3a7.
 From the log4j pages it appears that alpha 7 isn't release yet.

I'm interested in switching to slf4j (away from my own logging facade)
but I'm unwilling to do that if it means that log4j users will need to
switch to an alpha release.

Is there any chance that slf4j will provide an adapter to log using a
1.2.x release of log4j ?
I know I could write one  (and I'm willing to do that if needed) but it
seems it would be more appropriate if it was part of the slf4j project.